Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lilyturf BORDER GRASS and tomato plant


CAN YOU BELIEVE I BOUGHT JUST ONE MEDIUM SIZE QUART PLANT....?? Then EVA KING gave a a puny little tomato plant, looked packed solid in regular dirt.. not plant soil. She said just plant it anywhere ... so I did. Its the small up-shoot between Lillyturf and peony! I'm grateful, and I believe it just might do something. I wouldn't dare pass up the opportunity of a tomato plant from a friend! and

But then I saw them spreading, rather delicate as if young, new growth at St. Anns Nursing Center where my mother resides.... Pulled a few and now what?? Don't know where I'll put a lot of these on the final go-around.. . .??? Botanical Name: Liriope muscari ‘Variegata’

Date Planted: Saturday, 6-5-2010 Purchased/Acquired from Big Tom Thumb NW 50th Cost: 1 qt @ $4.99


Variegated lilyturf is popular for its grasslike, cream- or yellow-margined leaves. It will grow in the dry shade created by tree roots and canopy, even when nothing else will. ‘Variegata’ will spread by rhizomes to form well-mannered clumps, and will produce small purple flowers followed by round, dark purple berries. But it is the foliage that creates the year-round display in warmer climates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kirk-Shabazz Family

My bestestsseh honeypie

My bestestsseh honeypie

King of Pop

Teaser- Trailer for Tiana Disney Princess


Guess who's growin up !

Guess who's growin up !
Anayah-marie 11 months old (Aug-09)