Monday, September 9, 2013

Life's Littlel Garden Post......

Lord, help us to PLAN, PREPARE, & PLANT what you would have us to. Help us to WEED out of our lives what should not be there. Lord, help us to grow through you in our relationships, our attitudes, and our lives, always being in your will. Help us to always walk with you. Let us always be thankful and content. Amen.

Biscuit Day.................... visit the link.... !!!    Such a lovely thing to do!!!
I started making my biscuits once a month and freezing them
way back when I had 4 children at home
.
It saves time when in a hurry or on days when you just don't want
to cook. And I still make about 50 at a time and freeze.
I place my biscuits on cookie sheets and set them in my freezer to flash freeze them.

Then I place in Ziploc bags and just get out what I need.
This works great for me!

Then just cook as you normally would.
I love it because "Sweet Hunter" can get up on Saturdays
and make homemade biscuits the easy way!


**************************
Basic Biscuit Recipe
(I use White Lily Self Rising Flour)
2 C.  self-rising flour
1/4 cup butter or shortening.
 2/3 to 3/4 cups buttermilk

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Measure flour into bowl. Cut in butter or shortening until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs. Blend in enough buttermilk until dough leaves sides of bowl. Knead gently 2 or 3 times on lightly floured surface. Cut or roll into biscuits. (I roll mine)
  Place on pan with biscuits touching.
 Brush tops with melted butter.
 Bake at 500 degrees until brown.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kirk-Shabazz Family

My bestestsseh honeypie

My bestestsseh honeypie

King of Pop

Teaser- Trailer for Tiana Disney Princess


Guess who's growin up !

Guess who's growin up !
Anayah-marie 11 months old (Aug-09)