Monday, December 28, 2009

Was it a freezing night when Jesus was born…what might it have been like for Mary & Joseph to sleep in a barn on such a night? I love this season of cold, ice, snow, a time of silent renewal. A record 14 inches of snow hit our city on Christmas Eve. Unplanned suggestion by my 27 yr-old son was to pack the food and gifts to Lawry’s house, pick up Kandy from Rodney Payne’s house, swing by and pick up Papa Kirk…. Tony also dropped by to see Jalen and drop off his gifts! My dressing was put in a pan, Lawry put in the oven to bake, warmed up the greens, sweet potatoes and Turkey. She made gravy…. And the day was wonderful. Rosie Hughes and my Johnson boys stopped by.

I have so many beautiful cards this year... I've saved and collected them over the years.....


So now, most of the gifts are dispersed, the tree stands fully decorated this year… a bit of cake left over. It is at this moment, that I have my special living room chair, music by CC Winans, my Bible and a cup of coffee, that I pray for myself, family and friends. May the holiday be a peaceful one, full of tradition, families that love each other and may you know the miracle of the birth of baby, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kirk-Shabazz Family

My bestestsseh honeypie

My bestestsseh honeypie

King of Pop

Teaser- Trailer for Tiana Disney Princess


Guess who's growin up !

Guess who's growin up !
Anayah-marie 11 months old (Aug-09)